The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation
The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, an accredited 501(c)(3) public charity, (formerly the Santa Barbara Breast Cancer Institute) was founded in 1983. The Foundation’s mission is to achieve a future without breast cancer by focusing on prevention and finding the cause.
While advances have been made in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer, we still don’t understand what causes breast cancer or how to prevent it. The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is dedicated to identifying where and how breast cancer begins and is engaged in extraordinary opportunities to focus on breast cancer prevention.
Some of our recent projects include:
- The Army of Women Program, giving all women and men, with or without breast cancer, the opportunity to partner with researchers and take breast cancer beyond a cure.
- The innovative Health of Women Study, created in 2012 to identify the cause and cost of the disease through an online cohort.
- A study of women with and without a history of breast cancer to explore whether bacteria or viruses are found in breast ductal fluid.
The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is dedicated to shifting the focus of research to go beyond a cure to identifying the causes and ways to prevent breast cancer. We are also committed to raising awareness of the physical and emotional cost of the cure by documenting the unavoidable collateral damage that results from current treatments. Our commitment includes being a trusted resource for the public to learn more about breast cancer risk assessment, detection, prevention and treatment.
As part of our efforts, Dr. Susan Love and the Foundation:
- maintain a comprehensive and informative website.
- respond to site visitor’s questions about breast cancer detection, prevention, and treatment.
- provide educational lectures, keynote addresses, and other presentations at breast cancer and women’s health conferences throughout the world.
- work closely with the National Breast Cancer Coalition (Dr. Love is a founder) and other local and national breast cancer organizations and foundations.
- offer information to interested individuals on how to become a breast cancer advocate.
For more information, visit www.actwithlove.org or email email@example.com.